Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Meltdowns r us....

Meltdowns of the mini man kind. They are coming on thick and fast now (sounds a bit like labor...just as painful too). The first noticeable one in public was on mothers day, myself mini man and my mum went along to yum cha with my bro and his family.... The fun started as soon as we attempted to sit down. Tears tears tears, no way was he having any of this highchair bulls**t! Mini man normally salivates then devours every trolley in sight as soon as we step foot into yum cha...not this time. Plonked him in, attempted to say hello to everyone and try and hold normal 'what's been happening' convo's but bloody hell, it was like running a marathon dealing with mm's meltdown! There was nothing that I could produce in front of him that would calm his frazzled nerves, even lining up the cast of hi-5 in front him would have failed (hmmm..maybe not). Anyway after an hour of this I think we were all over it and packed up and went back to my bros house for a much needed cup of harden the f**k up. Now he was in his element, the poor little bugger, all he wanted was some familiar surroundings and the soothing sounds of a ukalalie! I mean who wouldn't. So what does one do in these situations of temper tantrums??? Quite frankly, you just deal with it best you can, try every trick in the book, and count the hours down to the next one ....which was this morning as I dropped mm off for his second week at kindy...not a happy camper...but this is life and it's amazing how you just get on with it, I mean I know there will be other major things to come along the way which will surely turn me prematurely grey but until then, I shall enjoy these lovely Meltdowns and deal with them as they come. Mm is staying at his dads for the first time tonight...yikes! Time to pass the fun of Meltdowns on to him for a bit me thinks. Hats off to all the mums and dads who have more than one meltdown to deal with at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment